A Fast Oil Change Place or Master Auto Repair?
by: Mike Najjar
We’ve noticed a lot of vehicles coming to our shops for major repairs have oil change reminder stickers from Jiffy Lube, Valvoline, or other quick lube operations. Some of these stickers are on our regular customers’ vehicles. So why do people go to quick lubes instead of a regular shop? We’ve been talking to a lot of people around town, and have discovered the following:
Reasons People Use Quick Lubes:
No appointment is required. You just drive up and wait.
It’s fast. Some places advertise 10-minute oil changes.
They are located all over town. All you have to do is drive down a major street to find a quick lube.
- They are usually open seven days a week.
- They take checks and all major credit cards.
- They often have discounts or coupons.
Reasons People Give For Not Using Master Auto Repair For Oil Changes
- Often can’t plan ahead to make an appointment.
- Don’t want to wait in a shop for an hour or drop the car off for the day.
- Need a Saturday or Sunday appointment.
- It costs more than the place with the coupon.
Facts You May Not Know About Master Auto Repair
- You don’t always need an appointment at Master Auto Repair. Of course, we’re usually so busy it’s always better to make one, but we’re implementing two new policies. One, to set more appointments each day, and two, to work people in without an appointment whenever we can.
- We are open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day. We may be able to give you an appointment for an oil change before work or after work.
- We have air-conditioned waiting rooms for those who do need to wait for their oil change service.
- It’s true we aren’t as fast as the quick lubes, but think about the extra services you get from us. We do a complete 33-point inspection along with every oil change. We also check and inflate your tires to the proper air pressure. Even with the extras you don’t get from the quick lubes, our service still takes less than an hour.
- We employ ASE certified technicians, who do the work themselves or closely supervise our trainees. What this means to you is security in knowing that your vehicle is being taken care of by professionals all the time.
- Because our ASE certified technicians have many more years of experience and training than quick lube employees, we believe they’ve earned the right not to have to work on nights and weekends.
- We honor all legitimate competitors’ coupons. Just bring their coupon to us.
- We honor cash, checks, and most major credit cards.
- If your vehicle is still under warranty our computer system keeps a record of all maintenance performed. We can help you prove your vehicle has been properly maintained in case you ever need proof for the dealership. Our system stores the date and mileage of every service we ever perform.
- We only use the highest quality motor oils. Our basic oil change service uses a semi-synthetic blend of oil, which exceeds all car manufacturers’ requirements.
- We can service or repair any system on your vehicle. You only need to make one stop for all your auto service needs.
- If you need to leave your car with us, we offer a shuttle service or discounted rental cars for you.
- If you need major repairs, we have the best warranty in town. 2 years/24,000 miles Parts AND Labor. No gimmicks. No hassles.
- Financing. We offer up to six months interest-free financing on major repairs.
Facts You Should Know About Quick Lubes
- Because they don’t take appointments, you may be stuck waiting in line for a while.
- Because they’re open evenings and seven days a week, they often have to rely on high school kids and very inexperienced managers to staff all their locations.
- Their low-priced oil change often comes with the cheapest oil. They charge extra for oil similar in quality to what we provide every customer.
- They only change oil, filters, and fluids. They don’t perform other services, and aren’t qualified to tell you if any safety items may be needed.
- More than just an oil change place. We can fix anything!
- Appointments available now.
- Highest quality motor oils.
- Work supervised or performed by ASE certified technicians.
- Your vehicle carefully looked over on every visit to help prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Shuttle service or rental cars available (when you need major service or have to get to work).
- We want to be your one-stop service center.
Advantages of Quick Lubes
- They do it fast.
- They are open seven days.
Disadvantages of Quick Lubes
- They do it fast.
- They are open seven days.
|A Fast Oil Change Place or Master Auto Repair? was written by Mike Najjar of Master Auto and Tire|